Old February 22nd 06, 05:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] barry.buitekant@tesco.net is offline

Default Chingford line frequency

Yes the implementation has been a farce. The original printed timetable
for the London to Chingford branch for the period 11 December 2005 to
10 June 2006 has been replaced by one for the period 6 Februay to 10
June 2006. But for Sundays until 5 March the revised timetable dosent
give any times! Instead it refers readers to visit the One website or
phone National Rail Enquiries. A bit odd that.

But even the revised printed timetable for Mondays to Fridays seems
suspect. A couple of times recently I arrived at Liverpool Street in
time for the 21.15 train as shown on the revised timetable. But on both
occasions it wasant shown on the departure boards. The first time it
happened I thought that this was a bit odd as normally a cancelled
train will still be up on the departure board with the cancelled label
shown. I just waited for the next train. But the second time it
happened I smelt a rat so I looked at the timetables displayed near the
ticket office only to find that the 21.15 train has been erased from
the timetable. I wonder how many more services have been erased out of
existence without passengers knowledge?

Barry