Old February 22nd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Oyster pre-pay deposit

On 22 Feb 2006 08:16:01 -0800, "Kevin" wrote:

And given that any letter that would appear to have a credit card or
debit card in it is almost certainly going to get lost before it is
delivered I am surprised that LUL suggest sending it to 55 Broadway. I
suppose that they are hoping that for £3 people wont bother.

Indeed - the hoops you have to jump through hardly make it worthwhile.
When talking to people about getting an Oyster card I advise them to
treat the £3 as a non-refundable charge.

And anyway, UIVMM this is pretty much literally the case for
unregistered cards.