Old February 22nd 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Cook Chris Cook is offline

Default Chingford line frequency

wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes the implementation has been a farce.

[snip]
But even the revised printed timetable for Mondays to Fridays seems
suspect. A couple of times recently I arrived at Liverpool Street in
time for the 21.15 train as shown on the revised timetable. But on both
occasions it wasant shown on the departure boards. The first time it
happened I thought that this was a bit odd as normally a cancelled
train will still be up on the departure board with the cancelled label
shown. I just waited for the next train. But the second time it
happened I smelt a rat so I looked at the timetables displayed near the
ticket office only to find that the 21.15 train has been erased from
the timetable. I wonder how many more services have been erased out of
existence without passengers knowledge?

Barry

The entire Saturday Stratford-Tottenham service, although appearing in the
recent weekend engineering works special timetable, is withdrawn. There is
no publicity at Tottenham Hale station to advise of this, and the member of
staff on duty there 4 Saturdays ago was unaware that the withdrawal was
permanent. A poster in the underground passsage leading to platform 12 at
Stratford is the only publicity for this service withdrawal there. The only
way a customer would ever see this, is if they were on the way to catch the
non-existent service itself, the only one that uses that platform. There's
nothing on the station concourse.
Hopeless.

Chris Cook
Beckenham, Kent