Old September 16th 03, 05:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris p Chris p is offline

Default Good evening ladies and gentlemen

Robin Mayes wrote:
Surprised this already hasn't come up.

The end of last week, we were all told that we had to precede P.A. messages
with "Good (morning / afternoon / evening) ladies and gentlemen". By Monday
it was reduced to "Ladies and gentlemen".

How do you feel about this? Do you think it's a tad Americanised?

I hate it. It devalues people who automatically say this kind of thing
out of politeness. If someoen is forced to do this kind of thing it
sounds forced and unmeaningfull.