Old February 23rd 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
THC THC is offline

Default Rail link scheme a priority

I question the accuracy of that £90m claim Kevin. The TfL website -
the only publicly available online resource on the scheme - gives the
figure at 2004 prices as £65 million. I can't see a near-50% hike in
less than two years, even allowing for construction inflation the way
it is.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/company/p...ley-rail-link/

AIUI the Croxley Rail Link is central to the multi-agency regeneration
of a large area of west Watford and the development of the Watford
Health Campus as well as being expected to abstract a decent number of
vehicles off the A412 and A404 every morning and evening. You have to
factor all of these benefits into your appraisal.

As the Croxley Rail Link is not just about the good people of Watford
and Hertfordshire (despite what you think) TfL have committed to pay
about £19 million in contribution to reflect the wider social and
economic benefits of this scheme to Londoners. The quicker this scheme
is sanctioned the better. It is an excellent chance for radically
improving rail connectivity for the whole of north west London at an
affordable enough price.

It would only enhance the business case were Chiltern to take interest
in this scheme - direct Aylesbury North - Watford Junction services
(via Watford North Curve) anyone?

THC