Old February 25th 06, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Oter Paul Oter is offline

Default DLR to Charing Cross?

THC wrote:
The March 2006 Modern Railways mentions yet another plan to extend the
DLR, this time from Bank to CX. I'd have treated it with the usual
bucket of salt had it appeared in RAIL, but such a story in MR must
surely be afforded more credibility, no?

One would have thought so, though it seems a bit fanciful to me,
especially as the suggestion only takes up a few sentences of a very
long article and doesn't seem to be much more than a vague aspiration.
My guess is that a sub-editor spotted the mention of a CX extension and
decided to splash it on the cover.

The MR article suggests that such a scheme "would make commuting to
Canary Wharf a more feasible prospect for thousands of Kent and Sussex
residents."

How? Wouldn't it be much quicker for Canary Wharf workers commuting on
the Kent lines to change to the Jubilee at London Bridge (or even
Waterloo East) than remain on the train and change to the DLR at
Charing X?

PaulO