Old February 25th 06, 09:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Polson Tony Polson is offline

Default Rail link scheme a priority

"TheOneKEA" wrote:

I agree with you about Oxford-Cambridge. But I was talking about
Aylesbury-Bletchley, or Aylesbury-Bedford, or any number of other
possibilities that would be brought about by the restoration of the
relevant trackwork. I wish I could find a copy of the study and see the
results for myself.

The report was a commercially confidential strategic study for the
partnership that intended to promote the restoration of services
between Oxford and Cambridge and intermediate points. It was never
intended to be published and is very unlikely ever to be made
available to the public.

However, it is clear from the subsequent disbanding of the partnership
and rapid abandonment of any plans to re-open the line that it was a
very, very long way from ever being viable.

As for piecemeal re-openings such as Aylesbury-Bletchley or
Aylesbury-Bedford, the economics are rather different and a strategic
route study such as the one we are discussing is not likely to be all
that relevant. It might make interesting reading, but that's all.