Old February 26th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR to Charing Cross?

John Rowland wrote:
"asdf" wrote in message

Also, ISTR that every time an idea like this comes up, someone
mentions that the Bank of England's vaults are in the way of any
extension.

... of the Waterloo & City, not of the DLR.

When getting from Docklands to Euston etc, I find it very easy to
change to the Northern (I can use stairs OK), but I agree that that bit
of the Northern is overcrowded pretty much every time of every day, so
staying on the DLR northwards might be nicer. Not a major priority.

As for the Waterloo & City, I can't see how it's physically possible to
connect the two, vaults aside. The DLR station is under King William
Street, heading north, at a very deep level (below the Northern, which
is below the Central).

The Waterloo & City, I think, is roughly under Queen Victoria Street,
heading north-east, not far below street level.