Old February 26th 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default DLR to Charing Cross?

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, asdf wrote:

On 25 Feb 2006 04:54:21 -0800, "MIG"
wrote:

The March 2006 Modern Railways mentions yet another plan to extend the
DLR, this time from Bank to CX.

Also, there tend to be fairly easy routes to the Charing Cross area
from places where you can get on the DLR.

I can't see that the extension would improve access to Canary Wharf much
(which is the main DLR destination) - except, perhaps, if there's a
station at City Thameslink.

And would that axis be better served by a Thameslink station at Southwark,
linking up with the Jubilee?

tom

--
Men? Women? Give me a colossal death robot any day!