Old February 27th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberly Peter Frimberly is offline

Default Oyster pre-pay deposit

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:26:52 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at
01:42:00 on Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
And given that any letter that would appear to have a credit card or
debit card in it is almost certainly going to get lost before it is
delivered I am surprised that LUL suggest sending it to 55 Broadway. I
suppose that they are hoping that for £3 people wont bother.

"Alternatively, please take your Oyster card to a Tube station ticket
office and they will explain what you need to do to get a refund." seems
more practical. Anyone done it?

No, but I'll bet even money that the answer is "here's the address you
need to mail the card to".

With the difference in price between Oyster and Paper tickets these
days, you only have to make about three journeys before you save the
"deposit" cost.

This in mind, I expect they'll drop the deposit business soon, and
just call it a "card setup fee". Anyone that wants to keep paying mega
inflated rates to get paper tickets rather than spend £3 on this "card
setup fee" will be perfectly able to do so.