Old February 28th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
marcb marcb is offline

Default oyster pre-pay top up question

"Richard J." wrote:

Jim wrote:
"marcb" wrote in message
Is it possible to top up a card without going to a tube station?

I do mine at the newsagents over the road.

... otherwise known as an Oyster Ticket Stop.

Even better, with Auto Top-up it's done automatically by direct debit,
with an e-mailed confirmation, whenever the balance gets below £5
(though not if you only use buses and trams). See Ask Oyster at
https://transportforlondon.custhelp....er/std_alp.php

yes i saw this but i mainly use buses and i have just 50p left on the card now. I'll try the
newsagent. I must say though that the TFL oyster site is very poor - I can only see details about
buying cards in shops, not topping up.

M.