Old February 28th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster pre-pay deposit

On 28 Feb 2006 01:07:51 -0800, "Kev" wrote:

This in mind, I expect they'll drop the deposit business soon, and
just call it a "card setup fee". Anyone that wants to keep paying mega
inflated rates to get paper tickets rather than spend £3 on this "card
setup fee" will be perfectly able to do so.

Oh ****, all we need is TfL or LUL to take a leaf out of the theatre
booking scams and wack on a large booking fee everytime we renew our
travel cards just to screw even more money out of us.

Why? Do you envisage mislaying your Oyster THAT regularly?