Old March 1st 06, 06:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default oyster pre-pay top up question

In message , at
12:51:23 on Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Richard J.
remarked:
Even better, with Auto Top-up it's done automatically by direct debit,
with an e-mailed confirmation, whenever the balance gets below £5

But don't you have to collect the "auto top-up" at a *nominated*
station?

I tried to do this, but my travel plans changed; so I didn't, after all,
visit the station I'd nominated (but did visit some others). As a
result, the auto top-up failed and I [eventually] got a refund.

So instead of being nice and easy, I now have two additional
transactions on my bank account to reconcile, and no auto top-up.