Old March 1st 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Kelly Peter Kelly is offline

Default Fares from Kensington Olympia to Wimbledon

Barry Salter wrote:

If you go by train, then the following fares apply, according to
QJump.co.uk:

Standard Day Single rte Clapham Junction Not London: £3.40
Cheap Day Single rte Kensington Olympia: £4.20
Standard Day Single rte Kensington Olympia: £4.60
Cheap Day Single rte Any Permitted: £4.80
Standard Day Single rte Fulham Broadway: £5.00
Standard Day Single rte Any Permitted: £5.30
First Day Single rte Kensington Olympia: £6.00

The National Fares Manual *only* gives the route Clapham Junction Not
London fares. The others are the fares from Willesden Junction, as Kenny
O is a "related station".

Thanks. That makes 9 possible single fares when LUL (Oystercard and
non-Oystercard) are added in. Is this a record for a 7 mile journey?

I hadn't realised that it was possible to find out the routeing
information on the web - I assumed that Qjump's link which says "There
may be alternative, slower routes with cheaper tickets" wouldn't do
anything if there wasn't a slower route but now I see that's where they
hide the routeing info.

Qjump also shows a Standard Day Single rte Clapham Junction Not London
for £1.80, but with no validity on any trains!

The fares on this route seem pretty screwed up to me. I think that
(unless I need a travelcard that day) I'll be sticking to the tube for
£1.00 single on Oystercard and foregoing the excitement of guessing
whether a tube or NR train will go next.

Will the fares for this journey be rationalised when the Mayor takes
over Silverlink?

Peter