Old March 1st 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Fares from Kensington Olympia to Wimbledon

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 22:14:21 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

Would I be correct in assuming that this arrangement does not work in
reverse? e.g. you cannot buy a Warren St to Selhurst 4 zone train tube
ticket? I am not aware that we have suddenly gone zonal on through
tickets in the London area - I thought we still had individually priced
destinations with limited interchange / routing options. If you are
able to clarify I'd be very grateful.

We have indeed "gone zonal on through tickets in the London area". I'm
sure you can buy these tickets from LU stations - they're in the TfL
2006 fares leaflet, and were discussed here briefly when it was first
published:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....cace6081860029

While I know UTS can be notoriously limited in its range of NR
destinations it sounds to me that the above explanation would imply that
my journey could be covered by a LU ticket for zones 234 [1]. Are you
able to confirm that?

[1] I am obviously assuming that both West Brompton and Walthamstow
Central fall into the "joint station" category.

I'm still wondering whether this "joint stations" thing is something
completely new, or if it's just a mixup with the usual concept of
interavailable routes?