Old March 1st 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Fares from Kensington Olympia to Wimbledon

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:58:22 +0000, Barry Salter
wrote:

snip

Local journeys between stations jointly served by National Rail and
London Underground services

In the case of of certain local journeys, where both the origin and
destination station are designated 'joint' stations, tickets are
regarded as LU issues and priced accordingly. Local instructions are
issued in these circumstances.

I recently had to travel from West Brompton to Walthamstow Central. Now
that can either be wholly on the tube or else I could toddle along
various bits of Silverlink (WLL, NLL, GOBLIN) to Blackhorse Rd and
change - mad I know but I fancied an above ground trip. Upon enquiring
at West Brompton the poor clerk could not find a fare for a station
beyond Willesden Junction. In the end I went by tube as I hate having to
rebook mid journey - especially at a nightmare place like Willesden
Junction.

While I know UTS can be notoriously limited in its range of NR
destinations it sounds to me that the above explanation would imply that
my journey could be covered by a LU ticket for zones 234 [1]. Are you
able to confirm that?

You could use an LU ticket for zones 234 if you travelled via Willesden
Junction and Highbury & Islington - because LU paper singles are valid
West Brompton - Willesden Junction and Richmond - North Woolwich.
However, I don't think they are yet valid from Gospel Oak to Barking
(BICBW).

[1] I am obviously assuming that both West Brompton and Walthamstow
Central fall into the "joint station" category.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7