Old March 2nd 06, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Bendy buses

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:19:38 GMT, Phil Clark
wrote in :

I wonder if they're used on the right routes - I don't use buses that
often, but they do seem to have a habit of blocking junctions and
generally getting in the way. However on some roads, mainly
straighter, wider ones with relatively few junctions, they seem to
work well. So maybe... the bus routes need reviewing and perhaps
changing so that routes suitable for bendy buses are created.

A bit more attention to keeping parked cars off busy streets might
help, too. For a while I travelled regularly on the 114 from Mill Hill
Broadway to Harrow-otH; the bus was continually being blocked by oncoming
traffic because parked cars made the road effectively one lane -- even on
one stretch where most houses had a garage, a front yard, and a driveway
crossing first a lawn, then a footpath, then even more lawn. If the streets
along the route had been no-parking zones during the hours I travelled, the
journey times would have been cut by 1/3 to 1/2.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN