Old March 2nd 06, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Bendy buses

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" typed

A bit more attention to keeping parked cars off busy streets might
help, too. For a while I travelled regularly on the 114 from Mill Hill
Broadway to Harrow-otH; the bus was continually being blocked by oncoming
traffic because parked cars made the road effectively one lane -- even on
one stretch where most houses had a garage, a front yard, and a driveway
crossing first a lawn, then a footpath, then even more lawn. If the streets
along the route had been no-parking zones during the hours I travelled, the
journey times would have been cut by 1/3 to 1/2.

Don't you just *love* Mollison Way?

You didn't mention the lamentable progress the buses made on the days
the bins were emptied, when things were even worse.

I too have commuted on that stretch of the 114 route.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.