Old September 17th 03, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ed Crowley Ed Crowley is offline

Default Oyster Card - charge?

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
om...
"Robin Mayes" wrote in message

"amd" wrote in message
om...
Is there a charge to own an Oyster card in the first place or do you
just pay the cost of the season/monthly/7-day travelcard and get the
card for free? I've been told that there is a charge for the card
itself, with the actual cost of transport to be paid on top.

please can someone clarify?

No charge

Do you have to fill in some form or can you have an anonymous one? I
dont want LUL to build up a pattern of where I go and what time I go -
I know that face recognition and CCTV will do this soon anyway, but
you've got to resist where you can.

If you want to remain completely anonymous you'll have to continue paying
cash for paper tickets wearing a balaclava. ;-)