Old March 3rd 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Rail link scheme a priority

Peter Masson wrote:
"TheOneKEA" wrote
True. But Watford Junction is the terminus of the truncated
Rugby-Brighton service - linking to that with a one-change journey from
Aylesbury _might_ be worth investigation, IMO.

For most journeys changing to the Met between Amersham and
Harrow-on-the-Hill, then to Thameslink at Farringdon would be better.
Ideally Chiltern and Met platforms at West Hampstead and an improved walk
route to Thameslink there.

Additionally, the West Hampstead interchange and the revised Silverlink
Metro services running through from NLL to WLL would also mean
greatly-improved access to West London - so I have to agree that West
Hampstead would be a more useful interchange than Watford Junction for
those sorts of journeys. I still think the most important point of the
Aylesbury - Watford idea is for people to reach the town centre via
Watford High Street.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7