Old March 4th 06, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Bendy buses

In message .com,
Chris! writes

Bendys would be very useful on the 337. It often happens that the bus
(double deck) is "full" so the driver will not let anyone on, depsite
there being only a handful of people upstairs.

Although most of the route would be suitable for bendies, I suspect that
Richmond town centre poses insuperable problems, given the narrow
streets and tight corners. Ordinary buses can only just make the very
tight bend into Eton Street, and entering and leaving the bus station
also involves tight turns on narrow streets.

I think the real problem with the 337 (which runs just past the end of
my road) is uneven service intervals, often caused by jams on the South
Circular and resulting short journeys, plus lack of provision for the
considerable school traffic in the mornings and mid-afternoons. For much
of the day the loading is quite light if service intervals are
maintained.
--
Paul Terry