Old March 4th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peaches Peaches is offline

Default Communication cord / alarm pulled on Circle Line

"Jonathan Morris" wrote in message
oups.com...
What exactly is the procedure for dealing with an alarm set off on a
tube train?

This morning, at approx 10.15am, I boarded a Circle Line train
eastbound at Kings Cross. As the doors closed, someone pulled the alarm
(not sure where). The doors then opened and the (female) driver said
'We are aware that the alarm has been pulled. Would the person that did
so please make themselves known to a member of staff'.

This strikes me as rather odd. If it was someone taken ill, how would
this work? If it was someone being attacked, why let them run off the
train?

Jonathan

And if it were an "unattended" bag? Or, as it were 2 circle line trains
involved with the suicide bombers last year, would you want to be
trapped in the car with them?
If train is still in platform, the doors have to be opened in case it is
a security issue.