Old March 5th 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
4sub 4sub is offline

Default DLR "cab rides"

"Pyromancer" wrote in message
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Ken Ward
gently breathed:
"Clive R Robertson" wrote in message
. ..
The final two videos have now been put on Google Video. These a

From Tower Gateway to Beckton:

From Canary Wharf to Stratford:

Another superb contibution to us Up t'North.

Thanks from me too, great fun! Exploring the many new bits of the DLR
that have been added since I last did it in the 90s is definetly on the
agenda this year.

At one point, not far from Stratford, there are a couple of track
workers on the NR lines. Needless to say the DLR train, being driven by
a computer, doesn't hoot at them. I assume there's a fence between the
DLR and NR tracks, but what's the official policy on driverless trains?
Is all red-zone track work on DLR lines forbidden while they are
operating, or is there a facility for a train captain to take manual
control if passing a work site, and the train to stop if he/she doesn't?

--
- DJ Pyromancer, The Sunday Goth Social, Leeds. http://www.sheepish.net

Broadband, Dialup, Domains = http://www.wytches.net = The UK's Pagan
ISP!
http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk
http://www.revival.stormshadow.com

Section 1 page 25 of the East Anglia Sectional Appendix explains it. Trying
to extract the instruction for you.