Old March 5th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peaches Peaches is offline

Default Communication cord / alarm pulled on Circle Line

"Jonathan Morris" wrote in message
ups.com...
Peaches wrote:
And if it were an "unattended" bag? Or, as it were 2 circle line trains
involved with the suicide bombers last year, would you want to be
trapped in the car with them?

What's more likely? Someone taken ill, someone being attacked (I've
witnessed it, and the figures show it's on the increase) or a bomb left
in a bag? Bear in mind, lots of bags and objects get left behind but
they aren't actually bombs.

Let's not forget that on 7/7, the bags weren't unattended and I'm not
sure how you would know if something was going to happen before it
happened. Unless we just judge people by their looks and what they're
carrying.

If train is still in platform, the doors have to be opened in case it is
a security issue.

I don't think I agree with that approach, and it's the first time I've
seen it happen like this.(Well pay attention in future, thats the way it
is)
It seems like good news to anyone that does
assault a passenger on the tube though - in the name of 'security'.

That is the Rule for operators for C stock - being the stock on the circle,
and H+C lines, if "handle down", and still in platform, the doors must be
opened, if between stations, then the T/op must "over ride" via a foot pedal
and travel to next station (signals allowing) and then open the doors -
It is the obvious solution in the current climate!
What did the fem T/op look like? Was it Gill? If so, she is a star!