Old March 6th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Vote for Beck's Tube Map in the Great British Design Quest

John Rowland wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/cultureshow/designquest/vote/

Personally, I can't get excited about a quest for a Great British Design
where one of the three finalists is an Anglo-French design that wasn't
particularly successful but looked nice. If an LU-related design is to
be chosen, it ought to be Edward Johnston's Underground typeface, but
instead we had the derivative Verdana font on the original list.

I've voted for the Spitfire - greater design skill, greater impact on
British life.
--
Richard J.