Old September 17th 03, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default Stratford Eurostar station.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:06:30 -0000 Zonky wrote:
} Sorry, but what's the point of it? Turning an express train into a slow
} stopper for the last couple of miles?

The main point is that it will be 10 mins walk from my front door;
couldn't have let 'em do it otherwise.

Seriously, Stratford is already an interchange for Mainline, DLR,
Jubilee and Central services. With the DLR it will have a link to City
Airport. It will make passenger access significantly easier for a great
many people.

Additionally it has freight links with Harwich and Felixtowe. I don;t
know how much freight was a consideration byt it seems reasonable to
suspect that it played a part.

Matthew
--
Záhid sharáb píné dé, masjid mein baith kar
ya woh jagah batá dé jahán Khudá na ho.