Old March 8th 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default What's this green thing at London City Airport?

"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk
Stuart wrote:
peter wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

http://maps.google.com/?ll=51.506086...1,0.002494&t=k

Heathrow has one too:
http://maps.google.com/?t=k&ll=51.47...9,0.009495&t=k

As well as a moving Concorde it would seem

What makes you think it's moving?

Unfortunately, I don't think that Concorde (or any other?) has moved in
a couple of years, but I wonder how they keep it so clean? Do they
sneak out at night and tidy it up, or even tow it back into the hangars
occasionally?

It amuses me that Google has stitched together images of varying
vintages in the Heathrow area (and elsewhere, of course). So, not only
do you see the retired Concorde parked just off runway 23, but you also
see two in-service Concordes at Terminal 4 gates:
http://maps.google.com/?t=k&ll=51.46...3,0.013475&t=k
The latter image must be at least a few months older than the former.