Old March 8th 06, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default What's this green thing at London City Airport?

Nigel Pendse wrote:

It amuses me that Google has stitched together images of varying
vintages in the Heathrow area (and elsewhere, of course). So, not
only do you see the retired Concorde parked just off runway 23, but
you
also see two in-service Concordes at Terminal 4 gates:
http://maps.google.com/?t=k&ll=51.46...3,0.013475&t=k
The latter image must be at least a few months older than the
former.

The image that includes the two Concordes at T4 and the plane about to
land on runway 09L is the one that Google Earth currently uses for the
whole airport. T5 is at an early stage of development and there's no
Concorde by runway 23. The plane about to land on 09L actually appears
three more times as it makes its way down the runway!

Google Maps has updated the central part with a later image showing some
T5 buildings and the Concorde on 23, but the stitching together is very
inaccurate at the western end of 09L.
--
Richard J.