Old March 8th 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default What's this green thing at London City Airport?

In message , Richard J.
writes

I think the plan is to move that Concorde into or next to Terminal 5
eventually. Runway 23 hasn't been used for years AFAIK. The aircraft
stands beyond its southern end have to be cleared first before it can
be used.

27R appears to be the landing runway, given there's an
aircraft taking off from 27L. On the other hand there appears to
be a queue of 5 aircraft in two lines heading for 27R

No, 27L is the landing runway, and the plane on it has just landed and
is turning right into one of the slip-roads or whatever they're called.

Both 27 and their opposite 9) runways are interchangeable for landing
and takeoff. It is not uncommon, particularly in the early mornings to
see aircraft landing alternately on L and then R runways.

There does appear to a regular pattern in that landings on the 27 are
usually on the R in the morning and on the L in the evenings. (The taxi
feeder park is next to the R and we get a lot of noise in the evenings
from the takeoffs)

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England