Old March 8th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default What's this green thing at London City Airport?

Graeme Wall wrote:
I'm confused by the bloke who claims there
are three shots of the same plane on the runway, can't see more
than one. Mind you I'm not using the Google Earth interface but
Flash Earth which may have a different sibset of oictures.

That bloke was me. Flash Earth uses Google Local (AKA Google Maps) for
the Heathrow detailed aerial views, which has the "sibset of oictures"
(!) with the updated image of the central section including most of the
runways. It's Google Earth that currently still has the older image of
the whole airport including four images of the plane approaching and
landing on 09L. Only the first (leftmost) image is on Google Local,
just to the west of the 09L runway threshold. It's an Air France A319.

By the way, I've found yet another Concorde image at Heathrow on Google
Local & Earth. In addition to the two at T4 and the one by runway 23
(not Google Earth), there's another one at the extreme eastern edge of
the airport. It's at 51º 28' 20" N, 0º 24' 57" W, or search for Chaucer
Avenue, Hounslow, UK.
--
Richard J.