Old March 8th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default What's this green thing at London City Airport?

"Richard J." wrote in message
news
By the way, I've found yet another Concorde image at Heathrow on
Google Local & Earth. In addition to the two at T4 and the one by
runway 23 (not Google Earth), there's another one at the extreme
eastern edge of the airport. It's at 51º 28' 20" N, 0º 24' 57" W, or
search for Chaucer Avenue, Hounslow, UK.

Yes, now I see it too. Unlike the other three, this one is obviously
moving, albeit distinctly subsonic, as it's being towed to the
maintenance hangar. Given that only three (?) Concordes were in service
at the end, this one may well be one of the two at the T4 gates in
Google's images.

I always used to look for Concordes round there when taking the bus from
the long-stay car park to T4. Sadly, these days, there's never anything
interesting round there any more.