Old March 8th 06, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Announcements at Charing Cross

Also, my favourite in the days of slam-door EPBs, the same announcer
came up with something on the lines of "Please join the front four
coaches only at platform 4 for the service to ... no, I said the front
four coaches only ... will the party, I think they are boy scouts or
something, please get off the rear train, which is not in service, and
join the front four coaches ..."

Of course, the boy scouts might have had an easier time complying with
the first announcement if there was some obvious marking to distinguish
which end of the train was the front.
--
Mark Brader "One might as well complain about the Sun
Toronto rising in the daytime instead of at night,