Old March 9th 06, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Announcements at Charing Cross

In article ,
Martin Underwood wrote:

I'd take "front" to be furthest from the barrier / buffer stops. The
difficulty is sometimes determining where the rear train ends and the front
train begins, especially if the two trains are so close together that they
are virtually coupled together: the use of signs on the platform "Front
train begins here" is by no means universal in this situation.

It's a while since I regularly used Southern Region (oops what a
giveaway), but the pre-recorded announcements at Victoria for the Ramsgate
/ Dover trains used to urge customers to join "the front eight coaches,
furthest from the ticket barrier" or "the rear four coaches closest to
the ticket barrier".

Nick
--
So when is Tony Blair going to start treating *us* with respect ?