Old September 17th 03, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Stratford Eurostar station.

In message , simon
writes

Is Stratford station going to be extended / redesigned when the Eurostar
arrives ?

Most of Stratford gets extended! The Stratford City project is for 13.5
million square feet of new building (180 acres), including a new ticket
hall for the existing station (on the north side of the tracks) and an
additional new bus station.

Eurostar gets its own station, of course - two international platforms
and two domestic ones.

Will it be like Waterloo (Large holding areas etc) ?

It won't need to be so large as Waterloo since Stratford International
won't be a terminus - it looks to me to be more along the lines of Lille
International, with a concourse above the station.

I presume all of this has been thought of though. Hasn't it ?

http://www.futurestratford.com/

--
Paul Terry