Old March 9th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Waterloo This Afternoon

Richard J. wrote:
Paul wrote:
"MarchGDB" wrote in message

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Kev wrote:
There are absolutely no trains going either way through Vauxhall
at the moment, 15.55. There is one outbound Eurostar which has
stook at signals for about 10 minutes now.

kevin
I bet the people on the Eurostar that has been sat in Vauxhall
for half an hour now wished that they had gone on the plane. You
know the ad, by now you would be, well sitting in Vauxhall.

Kevin

how long is this due to be affected do you know?

According to SWT website its due a lightening strike on signal
cabling so your guess is probably as good as anyone's!

TfL at 17:37 are advising passengers to travel to Clapham Junction,
presumably from Victoria. No trains Waterloo-Clapham Junction.
Waterloo & City Line also suspended due to power failure after lightning
strike. Met & Jubilee suffering minor delays due to lightning strike at
Finchley Road.

Well, we do need the rain!
--
Richard J.

I arrived at Waterloo today at about 1840. Trains about ten minutes
late, but no spectacular problems.