Old March 10th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joseph Joseph is offline

Default TFL cancelled my Student Oyster Card. Help!

Hi All

I would be grateful if someone could advise me on the course of action I
should take; here's the situation:

I am a student doing a full-time course at a college and have been using the
Oystercard for the past 3 months, and during the time have always taken the
monthly travelcard as this works out cheaper than buying single journeys.
Anyways, today while swiping in at Aldgate station, I got an error message
and went to customer service, they said that my card was cancelled and
simply took it away. They said that I should prove that I am a student and
should apply all over again. I showed them my student ID card from the
college, the NUS card, my notes, books everything that I had at the time,
and they said they couldn't help me...

Why should I apply all over again? How can they cancel my card just like
that for no valid reason? I had over 3 weeks of travel also left in the
card... This is absolutely ridiculous!

Should I call the bank and ask them to reverse the 50 odd I paid for the
monthly travel card? Has something like this happened to anyone else?