Old March 11th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Curious Tube map on BBC story

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:51:03 -0000, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

"M J Forbes" wrote in message
The rearrangement around Paddingtion is for Crossrail which appears in
2016:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...t-onthemap.pdf

And also includes the West London Transit system, which brings the total
number of stations in Acton to 8 (North, South, East, West, Central, Town,
Vale, and just plain "Acton"). Not bad, considering it's about a quarter
of the size of Portsmouth (rough guess by playing with a map and a ruler),
which has 4 ....

Also, I know we're getting the Olympics but there looks like a HUGE amount
of rail track is to be added east of the Metrollops.

Some of it'll be over old routes, I suppose, but that which is proposed
around Ilford and Barking looks likely to cause some major disturbance
whether it goes on stilts or cut 'n cover.

The "transit" schemes were possibly going to be light rail but the
latest consultation documents show them as bus routes with fairly high
levels of segregation. Therefore no need for tunnels or stilts.
--
Paul C