Old March 11th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
mookie89 mookie89 is offline

Default Tube/Bus system and Oyster card

"TKD" wrote in message
Occasionally a Tesco clerk would insist I provide a pin number, but when
I explained it was a credit transaction, not debit, they went ahead and
successfully completed the transaction.

It doesn't make any difference if its credit or debit, its if the card has
been CHIP and PIN enabled that you must use the PIN.

Good to know, thank you. I will contact my issuer before my next visit in
May and get educated before I am embarrassed at check-out.