Old March 12th 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Bakerloo Line gets telegram from Queen

Barry Salter wrote:
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:08:50 GMT, Edward Sloley
wrote:

Just out of interest, I passed through Moorgate yesterday and noticed 2
terminating platforms (I think numnbers 3 and 4) between the Met/Circle
and Thameslink lines. What exactly are/were they for?

Terminating H&C, Circle and Met trains. Both are used fairly regularly
in normal service, though I think 3 is used more often than 4.

Many years ago, off peak Metropolitan trains all terminated at Baker
Street. In the peaks, trains from Chesham terminated at Moorgate,
trains from Amersham terminated at Liverpool Street (platform now
covered in offices) and trains from Uxbridge and Watford terminated at
Aldgate.

Is there a similar fixed pattern nowadays in the peaks, or do a whole
variety of services terminate at Moorgate?