Old March 13th 06, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default best route

On 12 Mar 2006 14:42:18 -0800, "DrTeeth" wrote:

Hi, I will be getting the Heathrow Express on Sunday evening (8ish) to
Paddington and then need to travel onwards to the Holiday Inn Express
Old Street, near Old Street underground station. Can you advise the
best route and approx time/cost of a taxi?

Taxis are available from the main rank at Paddington. I have no idea as
to cost or time as I don't use taxis.

Depending on how much luggage you are bringing with you then it would be
just as easy to take the 205 bus. It starts at Paddington and stops
about 5 minutes walk away from the Holiday Inn at Old Street.

Paddington stop locations shown on

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/pdf/paddington.pdf

Stop E is up a short set of stairs and is where the 205 starts from.
Stop H is accessed via a ramp from the station out to the street and is
not far from the HEX platforms.

You simply get off at stop C and walk along past stop K (see link)
towards the Coronet St stop.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/pdf/old-street.pdf

The bus costs £1.50 and you will need to buy a ticket in advance from a
roadside machine at the bus stop at Paddington. The need to
pre-purchase does not apply at the Old Street area as that is outside of
the "pay before you board" zone - in case you decide to make any other
bus trips.
--
Paul C