Old March 13th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Yorkie Yorkie is offline

Default Gatwick Express?

!Speedy Gonzales! wrote:
I'm planning on using the Gatwick Express soon and have in my possession a
BR staff safeguarded travel pass. I have asked various persons whether I can
use my pass or even buy a PT but have had conflicting answers. The Gatwick
Express helpline which I think is answered in Asia says I can't use my pass
or get a PT. An email to Gatwick Express says I can get a PT and a
phonecall/email to my companies HR says I'm entitled to free travel as long
as I mark one of boxes.

Any knowledgeable types here that can confirm any of the above or have a
different viewpoint altogether?

http://www.atoc.org/rst/Staff_Travel_Restrictions.asp for restrictions.

As no restrictions are listed, and as Gatwick Express is a franchised
(not open access) operator, normal priv conditions surely must apply.

Where are you travelling from? If travelling from beyond London, you
can get a PRIV ticket to Gatwick from any station. Providing the ticket
is routed "Any Permitted" (ie, not something like "Southern only") you
can, of course use it on Gatwick Express.

There is no reason why you can't, for example, get a London-Brighton
ticket and use it on the Gatwick Express and change at Gatwick.