Old March 15th 06, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
funkymonkey funkymonkey is offline

Default CONGESTION CHARGE

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how you actually pay for the congestion
charge? I will be visiting London soon and a friend came back from
there and says he got stung with a large fine for not paying the toll
(through his car hire company). He said he never encountered any
toll-booths or e-tag systems. The exchange rate is bad enough without
getting stung with stupid fines. That said, I think it is a great
concept!

Chris