Old March 15th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default CONGESTION CHARGE

Steve wrote:
Can I correct you on the "Even if just parked" comment.
That is actually quite misleading and something TFL have never properly
corrected. Sure, if you come into the zone and park then you would need to
pay. But if the car is parked all the time between 7am and 6.30pm then there
is NO charge. You are only charged if the vehicle is in motion in the zone
in the time. I am a resident and despite the only concession that I get a
90% discount (but having to pay for 5 days at a time which therefore
encourages me to use it more had I only wanted to use it 1 day, but that's
another story) , as long as the car is parked and not moving during the day
I don't have to pay. My local plumber tends to come in early and park up
where he will be working for the day, as long as he doesnt leave until 6.30
he's doesnt need to pay. They certainly dont come round and take notes of
all the cars that are stationery, but there are mobile cameras on vans that
photograph moving vehicles.

Can I correct your correction? The questions and answers section
clearly says that even parked cars have to pay, unless they are in a
resident's parking place or off road.

see the following long link,

https://tfl-cc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tfl_cc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=Zq7kxy2i&p_lva=&p_faqid=1727

or goto www.cclondon.com and search for parked in the questions and
answers section, the 4th answer gives the details