Old March 16th 06, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL station

In case anyone is interested, progress on this is now truly underway,
with work going on from the northbound carriageway of the West Cross
Route to clear the area below for the southbound platform, and what
looks like preparatory work to lower the embankment on the northbound side.

Interestingly, the work seems to have uncovered what looks like the
remains of an old platform on the northbound side, which I thought might
be left over from the old Uxbridge Road station, but it's far too high
for the trains. Was the WLL lowered significantly here in preparation
for the West Cross Route and Holland Park Roundabout which it now passes
underneath?

It's a shame the station work has started so late - I would have very
much liked to use it a couple of days ago, when instead I had to hurry
down to Olympia and cram myself on with everyone else there... (also
evidence of the very high demand for these inner orbital lines, which I
know some posters doubted a while ago!).

I look forward to a TfL-managed WLL with through services to the NLL and
a new station at the Bush!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7