Old March 17th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
THC THC is offline

Default TfL North London Railways issues paper

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:05:51 +0000, Dave Arquati wrote:

Well yes but I fear there are going to be huge issues to deal with -
most notably the willingness of Network Rail to co-operate at a price
that is affordable. The reliance placed on these lines for the Olympics
(and London's transport needs) gives a number of parties massive
leverage against TfL. You can detect where the issues may arise in this
very recent London Assembly report

http://www.london.gov.uk/assembly/re...ondon-line.pdf

Interesting to see cross-party consensus about the development of these
lines emanating from this report. There are lots of big service issues
proposed (Barking-Clapham Junction with no wires?), even some that
align with the Cross-London RUS, but I'm going to pick on a small one.
Why does the report just endorse the Stratford-Queens Park service
proposals (once the Bakerloo runs back out to Watford Jn) and not
insist that these are extended to Willesden Junction LL bay platform?
Surely that would provide more "synergy" and easier integration with
ELL phase II services to Highbury?

THC