Old September 17th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default New Eurostar line from Waterloo

Ed Crowley wrote:

I personally think that your suggestion would be more confusing and
inconvenient. I live south of the river and it already takes me 30 minutes
to get to Waterloo. I'd rather not spend another 30 minutes getting to St.
Pancras.

Well everyone north of the river have had to put up with the cross
london journey to get to Waterloo for the last 10 years.

And the St Pancras route will be 20 mins quicker to Ashford than from
Waterloo.

Actually, I suspect the decision to keep both Waterloo and St Pancras
open was made just so that the SRA, or whoever runs the railways these
days, can make a big point of London having *two* International Train
stations...