Old March 22nd 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
PhilD PhilD is offline

Default Silverlink south of Stratford soon RIP?

Tristán White wrote:
The period of objection was some time last year. But I can't remember
seeing that poster before, I certainly did not see any posters at all in
the main concourse about it, or people handing out leaflets or asking
opinions, and I used that station every day. I didn't see anything in the
Newham Recorder either, which I buy and digest every Wednesday.

The posters have been up for some time, though I can't say when they
actually went up.

Oh, that's another thing - Woolwich don't get their DLR
extension until 2009 - they're going to be REALLY marginalised. Property
values there will plummet.

Don't confuse Woolwich with North Woolwich. The former has South
Eastern services into Lewisham and London Bridge. These are not
affected. The DLR will also run to Woolwich in the future.

The North Woolwich branch will close if the appropriate person in power
agrees. There is already a DLR service to North Woolwich, it's just
that the station is called King George V.

PhilD