Old March 22nd 06, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Silverlink south of Stratford soon RIP?

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...

The period of objection was some time last year. But I can't remember
seeing that poster before, I certainly did not see any posters at all in
the main concourse about it, or people handing out leaflets or asking
opinions, and I used that station every day. I didn't see anything in the
Newham Recorder either, which I buy and digest every Wednesday.

The documents were available at your local planning office on Alpha
Centauri.

Now I know that they are saying that the Silverlink south of Stratford
will
be redundant because of the DLR extension which will go via Star Lane,
Abbey Road, Stratford High Street and Stratford International,

It will call at Stratford's existing station as well.

but (a) this has not been approved yet by the Transport
& Works Act, and (b) it won't happen until 2010 at the
earliest. So between November 2006 and a date
possibly in 2010, this part of London will be shafted.

Hardly, since the DLR currently offers a train every few minutes from North
Woolwhich to Canning Town, and the Jubbly offers a train every few minutes
from Canning Town to Stratford. Most parts of London can but dream of being
so shafted.

I think it's ludicrous to dissolve such a busy and useful service (and
quite punctual too) such as the Stratford to Woolwich service on the
Silverlink.

Busy between Stratford and Woolwich? Never, not even before the DLR branch
opened, and now the station staff would show up for work wearing pyjamas, if
there were any station staff.