Old March 23rd 06, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Getting to Reading

John B wrote:
Sam wrote:
I need some help with ticket combinations.

Travelling from Totteridge & Whetstone (Zone 4) to Reading on Saturday and
returning same day.
I have a Networkcard and a Zone 2 - 4 Monthly.

What is the best combi of tickets ?

Was thinking Z 1 - 6 travelcard (£4.80) and then a return extension to
Reading (Not sure of price).

Am I able to get a LU Zone 4 to Reading ticket ? Any source for prices ?

You can get a BZ4 to Reading ticket from any manned NR station.

If you wanted to prove a point, you could go T&W - Kentish Town -
West Hampstead - Gunnersbury - Ealing Broadway - Reading using
exclusively your travelcard and your BZ4 - Reading ticket.

(snip)

Ouch... I think I'd be in tears by the time I got to Gunnersbury and
realised I had another two changes to go (you missed out Turnham Green).
If I were proving the same point, I'd go T&W to Camden Town, walk over
to Camden Road, use NLL to Acton Central and then give up and get the
bus along the Uxbridge Road to Ealing.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7