Old March 24th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Anti-bike signs on Bendibuses

Colin Rosenstiel wrote in
:

Some Bendibuses (including some or all on routes 29 and 73) have a
yellow triangle sign on the rear with a black bicycle with an X
across it.

a) What is it supposed to mean?

b) Why this anti-bike attitude from TfL?

Could it be a "don't overtake this vehicle on the left when it's turning
left" sign? I've seen this on various large vehicles such as dustbin
lorries, concrete mixers and HGVs: as I was waiting behind a concrete mixer
this very morning I saw one of these signs. And very sensible too: anyone on
a bike who overtakes on the left a car/lorry that has indicated that it is
turning left wants their head looking at.